Follow this ultimate guide for Cake Production and you’ll be up running in no time competing for the top 400 spots to earn some extra Gala and Town Coin. We’ve outlined everything you need to know about Cakes and how to make them, what buildings are needed, and crafted items are required to begin Cake production in Town Star.
First of all, let’s define what Cakes actually are.
Cakes are those delicious things we love to eat!
We can craft cakes through our crafting menu at the Cakery.
Cakes are typically harder to make than the Batter Build for Town Star, but the aim of this guide is to provide you with a path that will significantly reduce your time and cost in order to produce Cakes in Town Star.
Cake Production Information:
Required Items: Batter (3), Sugar (10), Energy (3)
Manufacturing Time: 60/120/240/480 Seconds
Cake Production Guide: Key Elements for Success
You must have the required structures in order to produce Cakes. We have a list of all the key buildings that are needed for Cake production below:
Cake Production SWOT Analysis
Strengths: Cheaper costs to set up the entire Cake Build.
Weaknesses: Micromanaging all workers and animals and many elements to balance that require their own zones.
Opportunities: Relatively fewer elements to balance with smooth transition from each phase of the game.
Threats: Location Selection – Ocean > River > Mountain & Forest > Plain > Desert
Cake Production Buildings
To procure Blue Steel the necessary materials you will need:
Cake Idea Starting Locations
In order to make Cakes, these are some must-haves:
- Oceans – Necessary for efficient Brine & Salt Production. Choosing anywhere that’s not by an Ocean and you’ll need too many Salt Fields and this will occupy to many tiles for an optimized build. Being by an Ocean is a non-negotiable if you’re aiming to produce cakes.
- River – Wood is required for the creation of Flour, Sugar and Salt and rivers will enhance your wood output considerably. By reforesting a riverbank or two, you may gain a few extra tiles to work with. Rivers contribute greatly to the growth of the various crops and the numerous trees you’ll need to produce cakes.
- Forests – Extra income gained from selling the ponds in a forest protects novices while they learn the ropes and helps Expert players get over the early game hump of establishing a sustainable city. The numerous trees in a forest provide a reliable source of wood that greatly complements the need for Windmilling – an essential aspect of Cake Production.
- Plains – When you begin with a modest operation, the open fields that the plains provide make it simpler to expand as your first revenue-generating system is in place. The abundance of pastures will also provide your livestock with additional food. If you choose to start with a ranch and expand into Cakes as a source of income, this can be an excellent approach to supplement your herd.
When going for Cake Production, avoid these biome areas:
- Mountains – If you’re looking for a close spot to dig around and explore, look no further! This is the ideal place to practice hand-digging while also seeing magnificent views of the countryside. Keep in mind that selecting somewhere with access to a mountain makes it harder to produce Cakes because Mountains give a Wind and Shade block of 5 tiles. Building near a mountain greatly limits where you can place your crops and Windmills.
- Deserts – The oil seep and the quick crude oil and energy production it provides are rendered obsolete by the negative affects it has on farm and ranch buildings, there is no advantage whatsoever in choosing a desert over plains for a top 10 finish aiming to produce cakes..
Cake Production Setup Goals and Guide
- A large portion of your town has to be set aside for the crop operation.
- You will need to be harvesting Wheat, Sugar Cane, Salt, and Wood in significant amounts.
- Plan for a setup where all of your crops are passively watered by plotting out ponds and water pumps. You can achieve this by being by a river tile or using NFT fountains.
- Ensure your crop operation timers are all green and aren’t affected by shade or pollution.
- Place Salt Fields near the Ocean so it has increased green timers
- When planning your town, have a designated silo and production area for Flour, Salt and Sugar. Doing so ensures that crops you are producing in excess get delivered to the designated silo and your farmers will start dropping them off in another silo. (This helps control what is called “cropping”). By having a zone for each product greatly increases monitoring your overall production rate on Tier 2 items so you can adjust your town layout accordingly.
- If you Space windmills to have green timers it creates too much distance between the Windmills and the workers gathering materials from the Silo therefore significantly prolonging the gathering aspect of the production process.
- Having green timers for your Windmills is key in the early stages of the game but since you’ll be needing all 3 items (Flour, Salt and Sugar) – forcing green timers on your Windmills will take up too many tiles for you to be able to efficiently produce cakes to compete in the top 400.
- Pro Tip: Surround your Silos with Windmills. What? – Why? Well – this will cause your Windmills to have red timers and take 4 minutes to produce each Tier 2 product BUT they will gather materials much faster and you will be able to position enough Windmills around the Silo to outpace efficiently spaced Windmills with green timers. – We’ve proved it with the Increase Cake Per Hour Production Guide
2. Ranching & Rustling
- The benefit to ranching buildings is that they have no edge requirements, and only the milk barn casts shade proximity. You can effectively place them on any empty space you have on the map without disrupting the productivity of your windmills. Pro Tip: Place the Chicken Coops underneath the windmills for maximum space.
- Chickens coops need 3 feed to produce an egg, and each coop has a group of 3 chickens that gather feed, therefore it will take 3 wheat per egg. Milk barns on the other hand need 8 feed to produce milk and only has a single cow for this, which means milk production is slower. This will more often than not lead to a surplus of eggs filling up your storehouses and your milk barns starved of feed. To deal with this do the following: have a separate feeding area for your cows so they can gather feed without competition of other animals. This will ensure that they’re able to gather feed as the ranchers place them in the troughs. Your chickens will be able to gather if you have feed in excess, or while your barns are producing milk.
- To avoid filling your storehouses with eggs, keep the Chicken Coops at a safe distance from the Troughs. The distance the chickens will have to travel to feed so that the cows get to the feed first.
3. Storage and Storehouses
- You now start with a Storehouse! Thanks Town Star for breaking the barrier down on storage.
- All crafted food products such as Eggs, Salt, Flour Sugar, Butter, and Milk are kept in the storehouse. You will need adequate storage for the necessary food components leading up to Cake Production in Town Star.
- It’s best to slow down production while going AFK or heading to bed so that your storehouses don’t overflow and your manufacturing comes to a halt since your workers have nowhere to put their items.
- Strategically placing Storehouses could be what balances your cake production or not
- You may adjust the distance between your production facilities (windmills, bakeries, and cakeries) and where you place them to lengthen or shorten the gathering and dropping off phases of the manufacturing process.
- Keeping the production area close to your storehouse ensures you will be able to efficiently collect ingredients.
- You can, however, work with a larger distance between them if you place your storehouses more strategically so they are split evenly between each production facility and can be reached within 2 tiles
Considerations for Cake Town Star Builds
1. Managing Funds
- The Cake production is often more productive and profitable, but it generates not as many points as Blue Steel.
- When you’re ready to start producing cakes, you’ll need a secure cushion of cash to allow for the lower manufacturing speeds before you’ll be able to trade.
- Starting with more lucrative items that build up to cakes is a viable early game strategy, as is gradually progressing towards the higher-tier products. The most natural path towards the higher tiers is usually the one that builds up to it, but starting with more lucrative goods required for Cakes may be a valid early game choice. The choice to relocate can be made before the first city-point is earned, therefore you may simply relocate at any time. You’ll need some study and calculations to figure out when it’s appropriate to switch from earning enough money to generating more city-points.
2. Passive is not always faster for Cake Production
- Passive resources are frequently utilized to speed up production, but if you can’t acquire or create the rest of the components fast enough, they may not be necessary. Flooding your storehouses with Eggs and not enough Milk can halt or slow cake production down.
- Cake production requires 3 energy, but if you don’t have the capacity to create Cakes fast enough, surrounding the Cakery with power plants is a waste of resources. A second Cakery or may speed up production more than a passively power supplied Cakery.
3. Item Selection
- Even more important than item selection is how you configure your Town Star build. It is possible to start with cakes, but it’s usually best to actually lead into that final stage instead of jumping right into it. You’ll want to acquire a good supply of the components required near the end of the manufacturing line at some point during your town star build.
- Items that are not essential for Cakes but are still high-tier products can help finance the build and should be taken into account when planning your Town Star. Also having a Cake Storage NFT will help in filtering out your storehouse items.
We hope this ultimate cake production guide for Town Star has helped you get your head around the logistics of producing and selling Cakes. If anything is unclear, don’t hesitate to read through our other guides. We’ll be happy to help with any questions or concerns you may have about Cake Production in Town Star. With Cake NFT Storage – this makes the late tier cake game a breeze.
Follow these other Town Star money making guides:
The Ultimate Blue Steel Production Guide for Town Star
Ultimate Wine Making Guide for Town Star
Town Star Bakery and Cakery Production Guide
How To Make $200+ A Day Playing Town Star
How To Make Passive Gasoline?
Successful Town Star Gas Guide For Growth
Town Star Current Craft Points, Prices, And Time Cheat Sheet 12/9/21
The Sugar Rush To Gasoline Production Guide In Town Star
How To Build An Economy In Town Star For Gasoline Production
How To Make Gasoline?